Relais near Siena Tuscany
Relais La Costa is a few kilometers from the city of Siena in Tuscany welcomes guests in the relaxing scenery of the Monteriggioni countryside.
The Relais is inside a historic residence, an 11th century building that preserves intact all its original features while ensuring modern comforts and services.
Here you can immerse yourself in the most authentic Tuscan atmospheres, let yourself be conquered by the ancient mood of the structure by living a relaxing vacation in one of our Suites, by the pool from the view of the Chianti hills and the city of Siena, in our Spa, and savor the typical dishes of the Tuscan poor cuisine in our restaurant.
All this while benefiting from a strategic location: the relais is near Siena, just 15 minutes from the city of the palio, in the hinterland of Tuscany, close to Monteriggioni, Chianti and many other Cities of Art.
Historic Retreat near Siena, Tuscany
Guests can stay by choosing from four different types of suites, strong in the understated charm of rustic Tuscan style and capable of blending modernity and elegance by taking a plunge into the past and luxury.
The suites captivate thanks to a series of fine details: exposed ancient stone, Tuscan terracotta floors, period furnishings, and refined accessories.
The rooms are spacious, comfortable, bright, able to accommodate from 2 to 4 people and equipped with free wi-fi internet connection, flat-screen TV with satellite channels, safe, tea kettle, coffee maker, minibar, heating and air conditioning, telephone, bathroom with bathtub or shower, slippers, bathrobe, hairdryer, amenities.
Suites with panoramic views of Siena are available.
A rich breakfast buffet with excellent sweet and savory products is served every morning, including homemade cakes, cold cuts, eggs, cereals and fruit.
Relais near Siena
Among Relais La Costa's strong points is its location.
We are just 15 km away from Siena.
In a few minutes by car we reach one of the most beautiful cities in Tuscany, rich in monuments and points of historical,landscape, artistic and cultural interest.
Let's find out what to see in Siena:
- Piazza del Campo: it is the center of Siena in every sense. The square was built during the 13th century and has been a UNESCO World Heritage Site since 1995. Every year it hosts the Palio di Siena, July 2 and August 16;
- Duomo: The Cathedral of the Assumption is an Italian Romanesque-Gothic masterpiece. It is at the center of Piazza Duomo and captivates with its white marble facade, dome, vaults, nave arches, inlaid floor, and Piccolomini Library. The Baptistery, Crypt and Opera Museum are also part of the complex;
- Palazzo Pubblico: houses the Mayor's office and various municipal offices, as well as the Museo Civico, which holds numerous works, including frescoes by Simone Martini and Ambrogio Lorenzetti;
- Torre del Mangia: 400 steps take us to the top. 88 meters from which to admire the panorama of Siena;
Santa Maria della Scala Museum: inside we find works covering a time span of about a thousand years and unique collections. The museum also hosts events, exhibitions, and educational activities;
- Basilica of San Domenico: it is one of the most beautiful Gothic churches in Siena. The head-relic of St. Catherine is preserved here. Inside we admire frescoes by Antonio Bazzi "the Sodom," panels by Francesco di Giorgio Martini, and Guido da Siena's Meravigliosa Mesta;
- Rocca Salimbeni: historic headquarters of Monte dei Paschi di Siena in the Gothic-Sienese style, with the Cortile della Dogana, the bank's Historical Archives and numerous works of art;
- Pinacoteca Nazionale: is the city's most important museum. Three floors that pay homage to Sienese painting by tracing its evolution from the 13th to the 18th century. It holds works by Giovanni Antonio Bazzi, Domenico Beccafuni, Francesco Vanni, Alessandro Casolani, Rutilio Manetti, Duccio di Buoninsegna, Ambrogio Lorenzetti, and Simone Martini. Also not to be missed is the Spannocchi Piccolomini Collection;
- Botanical Garden: established in 1784 and transferred from the area of the Hospital of Santa Maria della Scala to the grounds of the Accademia dei Fisiocritici during 1856. It covers 2.5 hectares and houses native and exotic plants, flower beds with ornamental plants, arbors, and rows of trees.
Stay at Relais La Costa, relais near Siena in Tuscany.